I read two posts today where writers were setting goals for the week and thought maybe I should start doing that again. So, here I am, setting some goals for this week:
– Write two hours a day minimum (morning pages, writing practice, type up pages from notebook)
– Post on my blog Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday
– Visit and comment on 8 blogs
– Post last discussion for “Gone, Girl”
– Post photo of mini art journal spread Sunday
My method of choosing goals changes depending on what phase of writing I am currently in. I may go by word count when I am in the first draft stage and my goal is to just get the draft down. Later I may choose to spend x amount of hours per day revising or maybe revise one particular scene. How about you? Do you set goals? If so, how do you go about it? Daily? Weekly? Monthly? A combination of all? I’d love to hear from you.