I love notebooks/journals.
I keep so many going at once:
- one for morning pages
- one for each WIP which is currently 3
- one for writing practice
- one for writing books I am working with like “The Writer’s Portable Mentor”
- one for the Poses, Pens + Inner Peace class that I teach since I also write along with my students
- one for yoga workshops
- one for capturing themes & ideas for yoga classes I teach
- a mini-notebook that fits in my purse
I figure the more opportunities I offer myself to write, the greater the possibility that I will actually write.
And it appears to be working.
“Keep a notebook. Travel with it, eat with it, sleep with it. Slap into it every stray thought that flutters up into your brain. Cheap paper is less perishable than gray matter, and lead pencil markings endure longer than memory.” ~ Jack London